We want you to be happy with your purchase. If you are not completely satisfied, you can return the product to us and we will either repair / replace it, or credit your account, subject to the below terms. This Policy applies to products bought from Homeworth itself and from Third Party Sellers advertising on the website. Not all requests for returns will be accepted. Homeworth reserves the right to reject requests for product returns.
This Policy forms part of the Homeworth Terms and Conditions, and so words defined in the Terms and Conditions have the same meaning in this Policy, unless the context indicates otherwise. Nothing in this Policy is intended to limit your statutory rights in any way.
Preparing your products for a return
To ensure your request is processed as quickly as possible you are responsible for the following when returning your products;
- request the return on the Product Returns page of this website
- package your products safely and securely for protection during transit;
- clearly mark your return reference number on the outside of the parcel; and
- include all accessories and parts that were sold with the product.
Failure to adhere to any of these requirements could delay the processing of your request or result in its decline altogether.
- Unwanted Products
You can return an unwanted product to Homeworth, provided:
- it is undamaged and unused, with the original labels and stickers still attached;
- it is in the original packaging, which must be undamaged and in its original condition with all seals still intact (if applicable).
- it is not missing any accessories or parts;
- you log a return on the Website within 7 days of delivery to you or collection by you of the unwanted product. After 7 days, you can only return a product if it is defective within the guidelines set out in the CPA.
- Not all returns will be accepted.
- Should you wish to cancel your purchase for any reason at any point after making payment, you will be liable for a 15% handling fee on the original purchase price.
- You must follow the returns procedure by logging into your account and completing our product returns section.
Homeworth is entitled to inspect the product to validate your return. Not all requests for returns will be approved. The courier cost is non refundable.
- Incorrect or Incomplete Delivery
If we accidentally deliver the wrong product to you, or if the product is not as described on the Website, please notify us and we will make arrangements to have it replaced. Once we have inspected the product and validated your return, we will at your choice deliver the correct product to you as soon as possible (if the correct product is available); or credit your account with the purchase price of the product within 10 days of the return (or refund you if that is your preference). The courier cost is non refundable.
- Damaged Products
Should a product be damaged or missing any parts or accessories at the time of delivery / collection, please notify us within 7 days of such delivery / collection by logging a return on the Website.
We will arrange to collect the product from you. Once we have inspected the product and validated your return, we will at your choice repair / replace the product as soon as possible (if such repair is possible/ we have the same product in stock to use as a replacement) or credit your account with the purchase price of the product (or refund you if that is your preference).
- Defective Products
We do our best to ensure that the products we deliver to you are of a high quality, and in good working order and without defects.
What is a defect? A defect is a material imperfection in the manufacture of a product or any characteristic of a product, which makes the product less acceptable than one would reasonably be entitled to expect in the circumstances.
The following will NOT be regarded as defects and will not entitle you to a return under this section:
- faults resulting from normal wear and tear;
- damage arising from negligence, user abuse or incorrect usage of the product;
- damage arising from electrical surges or sea air corrosion;
- damage arising from a failure to adequately care for the product;
- damage arising from unauthorized alterations to the product;
- where the specifications of a product, although accurately described on the Website and generally fit for its intended purpose, do not suit you; and
- in relation to Unboxed Deals, signs of handling and/or repackaging.
- Unreturnable Items
Once opened, the following categories of products will not be accepted for returns/refund due to public, food safety and copyright regulations:
- Personal grooming products.
- Hair care products
- Clothing or garments
- Health & fitness products
- Recipe books
- Annique health & beauty products
This does not include products that have arrived damaged or expired. We will most certainly replace and refund when we or the supplier are at fault.
- Gift Vouchers & Coupons
There are two types of Coupons: a Coupon with a fixed amount of a discount, e.g. R100 off (“Fixed Coupon”), and a Coupon with a percentage discount, e.g. 10% off (“Percentage Coupon”).
Where you have used a Fixed Coupon to pay for an order, and you or Homeworth later cancels your order (or part thereof) prior to delivery of the relevant product(s), or you log a return of one or more products for a credit in accordance with the Returns Policy, the value of the Fixed Coupon will be deducted off the purchase price of the cancelled or returned product(s) (as applicable), and we will credit your account for the balance, if any (or refund you if that is your preference). We will also provide you with a replacement Fixed Coupon of the same value as the original Fixed Coupon used. Homeworth may in its sole discretion impose restrictions on the use of the replacement Fixed Coupon. For any subsequent cancellations or returns arising out of the same order, we will credit your account as normal with the value of the returned product (or refund you if that is your preference).
Where you have used a Percentage Coupon to pay for an order, and you or Homeworth later cancels your order (or part thereof) prior to delivery of the relevant product(s), or you log a return of one or more products for a credit in accordance with the Returns Policy, the value of the discount received using the Percentage Coupon will be deducted off the purchase price of the cancelled or returned product(s) (as applicable), and we will credit your account for the balance, if any (or refund you if that is your preference). We will also provide you with a replacement Fixed Coupon of the same value as the discount received using the original Percentage Coupon. Homeworth may in its sole discretion impose restrictions on the use of the replacement Fixed Coupon. For any subsequent cancellations or returns arising out of the same order, we will credit your account as normal with the value of the returned product (or refund you if that is your preference).
Wherever you have used a Gift Voucher to purchase a product that you later return for a refund in accordance with the Policy, we cannot refund you in cash for that portion of the purchase price which you paid using the Gift Voucher, but we will credit your account.
- Charges and Refunds
If you return a defective product to us, but you fail to return all of the accessories and parts that were sold with that product, we are entitled to (subject to applicable law) to refuse the return, only to replace the item that you did return, or to estimate the value of the missing accessories and parts and only to credit or refund you in respect of the returned item.
If you return a product that does not comply with this Policy, you may be liable to reimburse Homeworth for the cost of collecting the product from you and the cost of having the product returned to you.
Please note that you may be liable for shipping costs for the collection and shipping of replacement goods. Homeworth reserves the right to charge for the collection or shipping of returned and replacement items. The courier cost is non refundable.
Warranty & Guarantee
Homeworth does not manufacture any of the goods displayed on this website and thus does not offer any warranty or guarantee on any items outside of the manufacturer’s warranty, stipulated within the product details.
In the event that there is a fault with a product within the warranty period, it is the customer’s responsibility to facilitate the repair/exchange with the supplier. Please log faults on the Product Returns page of this website and we will assist as best we can.